Friday, June 14, 2013

The "Can't Wait" Boat

There are so many things I "can't wait" to do. For instance... planning a wedding, decorating a new house from scratch, traveling, and having babies are at the top of my list.

Sometimes I catch myself getting so caught up in waiting for all those things to happen that I can't enjoy the present. Because, as much as I'd love to be a twenty-something-year-old newlywed who's having a blast decorating her new house and traveling with her husband on weekends... I'm not. Right now, I'm a (almost) 21 year old about to go into my senior year of college.

While I do think it's normal to have feelings of impatience like this at my age, I don't think that it honors the Lord. Ecclesiastes 3 says that "there is a time for everything, a season for every activity under the Heavens." So today, if you're in the same "can't wait" boat that I'm in, why don't you take some time to slow down and thank God for all the blessings you have where you are in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment