Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A girl can dream, right?

Today I thought I'd share with you what I dream of my house being like one day. I know all of this isn't totally realistic considering the way our economy is looking and how expensive land is in the areas in which I hope to reside (in the mountains of North Carolina, specifically Valle Crucis). But, these are just some ideas I have tucked away that I hope one day to change from dreams to a reality. 

Anyone who knows me knows I am in love with all things Southern. I have wanted a big white house with a wrap around porch for as long as I can remember. I love the gazebo on the corners of this porch, too! 


These are some of the prettiest porches I've ever seen:


I also want a big yard, with a white fence all the way around and a garden in the backyard where I can grow my own fruits and vegetables!




Now... for the inside of the house. I am drawn to rustic, country-chic style because I think it's homey and comforting but there is still a lot of room for you to give it a southern flair that makes it unique to you and your family. These are some of my favorite bedroom ideas:








As a girl with a passion for fashion, I also have a few ideas for the perfect closet. It makes so much sense to have the washer and dryer right there in the closet, that way you can fold or hang them there! 




I love this linen closet because it has pull out drawers and lights! It's practical, yet still looks neat, clean and orderly.


I would love to have a craft room to scrapbook, work on projects, write and even wrap presents in. These are some of my favorites:




Another room that should be made to be a place of peace and comfort is the bathroom. I have always wanted a vintage clawfoot tub!







Laundry room ideas: 



For living rooms, I like light, airy, open spaces that have natural lighting and feel cozy. Here are some of my favorites:




Another kind of southern "tradition" or "custom" if you will that I absolutely adore is a mudroom. These are some of my favorite ideas for how to make this area as cute as can be:

I love the idea of a more industrial type sink in this room because it's so practical to have one. You never know when you're going to need to wash something big.
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, if not the most important. Family's come together around the table and memories are made cooking together. These are some of the prettiest kitchens I have ever seen. I love the incorporation of the country-chic style!



 




I'm also a firm believer that every kitchen should have a pantry:


 This one is especially wonderful because it's a walk-in pantry with a little window where you can set things on the counter! A woman had to have thought of this!


And, last but not least... the babies rooms. Although this is nowhere in my near future, it's still fun to imagine what my little boy or girl's room could look like one day!



All of these great ideas and many more can be found on my pinterest board called "Home Ideas." Pin straight from here by simply hovering over the picture with your mouse, or check out my boards! 



No comments:

Post a Comment