Monday, June 24, 2013

Faith, Family & Freedom

This weekend I went to the Faith, Family & Freedom event at the zMAX dragway in Concord, NC. This Christian concert event, hosted every year by New Life 91.9, is one of my favorite summer events. Last year, my boyfriend and I went and had a blast, so this year I decided to take my Momma, because I knew it would be something she'd love. This years performers included For King and Country, Plumb, Sanctus Real, Mandisa (my favorite!), and Building 429. Although I was working at the AAA Carolinas Insurance booth, I got to spend a lot of time with my Momma, too. All the performers were awesome and it was just all around a good time.

Events like this remind me how fortunate we are to live in a country where we have the freedom to openly worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is such a blessing to be in a place, surrounded by other Christians, where you can just feel the Spirit moving. Leaving this event after worshiping  through song and an awesome fireworks display, I felt an overwhelming sense of pride in the USA and thankful for the men who have died so that we can have the privilege to worship as we choose!


I took my first panorama shot ever using my new iPhone 5:

3-D glasses for fireworks!



No comments:

Post a Comment