Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy studying, ya'll

If you're like me and you're finding yourself quickly approaching Final Exams, you're probably stressed, frustrated and exhausted. This is my 3rd year in college, yet this wave of anxiety still hits me right about this time each and every year. Why does every professor think that their class is my only class? As both an experienced "stresser" and fellow college-hater, I would like to share a few tips to help get through this (and you will probably definitely get through it):

1) Write it down: The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it." Every time I do this, I regret it. Just write it down or put a reminder alert in your phone... Better safe than sorry, right?

2) Prioritize: Make your planner or agenda color-coded, put a star beside the "urgent" things, highlight, whatever you have to do- but if you can put down on paper the order of things that you need to do, it will help you not get distracted with little things when you've got bigger fishies to fry.

3) Learn to say NO: It's crunch time. You can't stretch yourself so thin that you can't focus on what's really important.

4) Put Jesus first: Just as He blesses those who put their faith in Him by tithing when they can barely pay their bills, He will bless you too if you make time for Him in the midst of this busy time.

5) Weigh your options: Sometimes you just have to ask yourself, "what's going to be better for me tomorrow? Going to sleep now or staying up another 3 hours to cram?" Truth is, you probably won't remember anything you cram into your brain while you're exhausted, so go on to sleep and wake up to a fresh new day.

"Cast your burdens on the LORD, and He will sustain you." Psalms 55:22 
I hope these tips help! Happy Studying, ya'll. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment