Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July, ya'll

When I think about the 4th of July, I think about freedom, sunshine, and fireworks. Today I was blessed enough to enjoy all of that! I am at the Outer Banks with my boyfriend's family my second family (which has been an absolute blast, by the way).

Grayson and I rocked our Merica' garb today-


A day long anticipated (the 4th of July is one of our favorite holidays) definitely lived up to our expectations! We laid on the beach, took a walk, had hotdogs and apple pie, and watched fireworks over the water at the Avon Pier! It has been a great day! 

I'm already dreading going back to work on Monday. The thought of only having two more days to sleep until I wake up with no alarm, lay out on the beach, eat fresh sea food, and see my sweet boy every day makes me so sad. 

But, in the midst of dreading going "back to reality," I can't help but think of all the soldiers that have fought to give us the freedom that allows us to celebrate all that today means. Countless men and women have given their lives so that we can live in a country where we have the freedom to worship as we please, have the opportunity to have a great education, and can almost always do anything if we simply dare to dream it. Thank you so much to everyone who has served our Country and made America the land of the free, and home of the brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment