Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thankful Tuesday


Ever just feel like talking but not have anything in particular to say? Happens to me all the time. Last night I celebrated one of my best friends 21st birthdays and today class was cancelled because I live in a snowglobe that some annoying kid won’t stop shaking. The groundhog lied, that’s all there is to it. Despite this awful snow and wind that seems will be here until I leave for Italy in May, I have been in the best mood ever for the last few days. Sometimes you just need to get away and I think my trip to Greenville, SC last weekend did me a world of good. As much as I love Boone, a little weekend getaway is always an easy fix to come back feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on another week in this snowy little town.

I mentioned in a previous blog post that I have read Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts and accepted the challenge to make my own list of one thousand gifts in my life. What I thought would be hard turned out to be ridiculously easy and I found myself constantly thinking about and focusing on the blessings in my life. So, today I thought I’d share just a few of them with you.

454. Footprints on freshly fallen snow
455. A warm cup of coffee in my hands while I walk through the snow to class
456. Singing at the top of my lungs on long drives
457. How peaceful children look when they’re sleeping
458. The love my Momma puts into the food she cooks and cakes she bakes
459. The unfailing love Grayson reassures me of every day
460. The excitement of planning for the future
461. Knowing that even if my plans don’t work out, God has me in the palm of His hand and will work everything together for good
462. Heart-to-heart talks with good girlfriends
463. Getting mail
464. Writing
465. A scripture I’ve memorized in the past popping into my mind right when I need it

No comments:

Post a Comment