Sunday, March 3, 2013

Abundant Life

Whew! What a whirlwind of a weekend. It never ceases to amaze me that the week creeps along and the weekend seems to vanish in the blink of an eye. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Saturday morning I went to the Women of Grace Brunch with the sweet ladies of my church, Calvary Baptist. It is always a blessing, and I left with both a full heart and full belly (hallelujah, we're Baptist's ya'll). One of my favorite things about getting together with the women of my church is the way that we all learn from each other... Girls from age 15 to 90 get together sharing life stories, talking about Jesus and the way He's working in our lives and swapping recipes. The young learn from the older, the older learn from the young - and it's truly just a beautiful thing. I am so blessed to have a church that is like a second family to me.

Then, Saturday afternoon, I got to spend some quality time with my sweet fella. In all honesty, I probably don't brag on him nearly enough. He really is the greatest thing. He's so good to me, so understanding and so faithfully supportive. I don't know how in the world I got so lucky! He took me to Bonefish Grill, a first-time-treat for both of us. It was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is great too. I would definitely recommend the "Lilly's Chicken," which is grilled chicken topped with feta cheese, spinach and artichoke hearts in a creamy sauce that literally tastes like heaven.

Making my way back up the snowy mountain was so bittersweet today. I love Boone. I always have. And yes, I do want to live here the rest of my life and raise my children here. But right now, I can't help but miss having my Grayson here. When we started courting (I'll do a post soon on dating vs. courtship), we totally took for granted living five minutes apart and getting to see each other every day. Now that he's graduated and is teaching in Hickory, I miss him like crazy. Long-distance relationships are hard. However, I fully believe than nothing worth having comes easy and if something is meant to be it will always work out. The Lord promises us in Romans 8:28 that He "works all things together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose." Although it's not easy right now, I know that everything will be okay in the end and all the hardship we've endured will be worth it.

Do you ever feel like you're running an endless race? If so, take some time for yourself this week. Paint your nails, read a new book, get a milkshake. Then, do some things for others, like taking the time to write them a sweet note just to say hi, helping them with something they're struggling with, or surprising them with a special treat. When you do nice things for others, you can't help but feel joyful inside, but don't forget to take care of yourself and spend some alone time with the Father too! Feelings of anxiety and stress come straight from the Devil and can often times take away from the joy in our hearts. John 10:10 says that the thief (Satan) comes only to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came so that we might have life and have it abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment