Monday, March 18, 2013

Soulfood

What is it about a bowl of creamy broccoli and cheddar soup on a cold, rainy day that makes you feel so warm and cozy from the inside out? As I sit here with my own bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup watching it rain outside, listening to John Mayer pandora, I think about the way physical soulfood can just fill you up from the inside out. Sometimes you just need to "have your cup filled," as my Momma would say, by some soulfood.

Well, it's the same way with emotional and spiritual soulfood. Do you ever feel dry and brittle and used up? Physically and emotionally exhausted with the weight of the world on your shoulders? Sometimes I feel like I am emotionally or spiritually parched and just need to be filled up again.

Psalm 40:1-3 says, "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard me cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my foot on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and hear and put all their trust in the Lord."

This is the Lord's promise to us that no matter what we're going through, He will always be there to make it right. He is our "cup filler." Spend some time with your Heavenly Father and let Him fill you up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment