Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Full Heart

What a fun, blessing-filled weekend! On Friday, I drove from Boone to Greenville, SC (all by myself for the first time ever! Feeling like a big girl!) to spend the weekend with my cousin Kiley who is in Dental Hygiene school and lives with some of my favorite aunts there. It's always a given that when you go stay with my aunt and uncle Pam and Jimmy there you have an absolute blast.

1) I got to use Kiley as a model for my latest photography assignment (it's easy to make pretty pictures when you're photographing someone this gorgeous). Here's a sneak peek of my favorites (see more in the tab labeled "Photography"):





2) I was introduced for the first time ever to the game Bananagrams, which we played around a table full of sweet women of my family and had so much fun and I learned to play Rook (it's about time, right?).

3) I celebrated my 15th Spiritual Birthday on Friday the 22nd, which my Momma has always gone above and beyond to make special. When I was just 5 years old I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me and I can truly say 15 years later He is still my best friend and I would be nothing without Him. Momma surprised me by showing up in Greenville with this beautiful cake (she really is so talented, ya'll) and 15 pink gerber daisies. What a great Momma I have! 

4) I got to see my sweet aunt Peggy, my grandma's sister, who is so funny and precious to me! I wish I got to spend more time with her!

5) I surprised Momma (one of my favorite things to do) by showing up at our church in Charlotte for the Palm Sunday special this morning. The music was amazing and all the sweet children of our church walked through, dressed in Bible days clothes, waving palm branches, which is always a powerful reminder of childlike faith, the reverence we should have for our King, and a beautiful representation of WHY Easter is so important to celebrate as a child of God. I also got to see this handsome little devil who is growing up way too fast:

6) I swung by to see my sweet guy on my way back to Boone, which is always so bittersweet. Sunday afternoons always hurt when they're paired with a goodbye (I'm going to do a post soon on goodbyes). He really is the greatest thing ever.

7) I finished my latest craft project (thanks, Pinterest). I got this drab coffee mug tree for $1 at Goodwill, spray painted it white and voila! Now I have a cute bracelet holder! Here's before and after:

P.S. Follow me on instagram: @katiejillwarren





No comments:

Post a Comment