Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Lord is Good

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord provides when you ask Him to. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4) couldn't be more true.

As many of you know, I have an interest in photography and I've been praying that if that is the career path I am supposed to pursue, that God would give me opportunities so that I can learn more and get more experience.

In the last week, I have had 3 inquiries asking me to photograph for them! Thank you Lord, for answered prayers!

This semester, I was heartbroken to discover that graduating on time in May wouldn't be possible due a mistake in my credit hours. After many tears and double-checking my adviser, I realized that she was wrong and I only needed four additional hours, not 12. That's a HUGE difference- a whole semester difference. So, after adding a one-hour yoga class, I still needed three credit hours and had no idea what do to.

That's when an internship that would change my life came into play. The Lord is so good. He literally dropped it into my hands, and to ensure that I wouldn't let the opportunity slip through my fingers, not only did He drop it into my hands, He also closed my fingers around it, and helped me learn how to grasp what He had planned for me.

High Country Wedding Guide isa local wedding magazine that is not only faith-based, but run by an incredible group of women that love the Lord and have a passion for transforming the often dark wedding industry from something that's profit-focused to an intentional opportunity to shed light on the goodness of the Lord and His sacred holiness of what marriage is supposed to be.


I have had the opportunity to work with Abany Bauer, and incredible woman of God, who, although just a few years older than me and newly married, has already taught me SO much about what it means to glorify God with my gifts and talents and be open to whatever He calls me to do.

So, right now, with only seven months left in my college career, I would be lying if I said I'm not scared. It's definitely a little intimidating to think that in just a short time, I will be thrown into the real world. But, being surrounded by sweet sisters in Christ that love me enough to help me figure out God's plan for my life has been such an encouragement. Thank you, Lord, for being my provider, my strength, my clarity and my peace.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment