Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Maintaining Intentional Friendships

I guess it may have taken me a little longer to realize this than others, but it's hard to be a good friend in college. We are all so busy and have a million different things going on that sometimes we barely know what we're doing, more less have time to check in on a friend. I often feel like I'm drowning beneath an ocean of tests, quizzes, work and trying to maintain a social life.

This being said, it's so important to make the extra effort to let a friend know you're thinking about them, praying for them, or just missing them. There have been days when one simple text message or phone call from a friend has totally and completely changed my day for the better.

When I think about the quote, "Always be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle," I am usually thinking about it in the context of dealing with someone I don't like but it is just as true for friends as it is for enemies! You never know what your friends are going through, so it's important to make the intentional choice to invest yourself in people's lives.

A friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment