Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget: A Tribute to 9-11-01

I, like many Americans, remember exactly where I was the day our Nation changed forever. I was in 4th grade, sitting in Mr. Cornett's class. Our day was just getting started when another teacher came and got him from our class, leaving my classmates and I sitting alone in our classroom, wondering what in the world was going on. Of course, the fear of a terrorist attack never entered any of our naive little minds, and even when our sweet, heartbroken teacher wheeled the TV set down from the media center to show us the footage of the planes hitting both of the World Trade Centers, we still couldn't fully comprehend the magnitude of what it meant for our Nation.

School let out early that day and when my Momma picked me up, we went to a prayer service held at the old Charlotte Colosseum  led by Pat McCrory where thousands of people cried out to God and leaned on one another, some perfect strangers, devastated at the horrible event that had taken place that day. I remember seeing the footage of the planes crashing into the two buildings I had never even heard of before, as a 9 year old, and watching the buildings collapse a thousand times in the weeks that followed that horrific day.

Today, on the 12th anniversary of this devastation, where is our Nation? In what condition are the hearts of the American people? As we see our Nation reach new levels of depravity, willingly give more attention to the desperately trashy pleas for fame- like the performance of Miley Cyrus at the VMAs- than it does the soldiers fighting for its freedom, and pull farther and farther away from Jesus, how do we, as Christians, react?

Prayer, first and foremost, for our Country, for our President, for all of our Nation's leaders, and for our military. Second, standing up for what we know to be true and in line with Scripture.

Never forget the lives that were taken on September 11, 2001. The firemen, the police officers, the mothers, fathers, friends, neighbors, and so many other loved ones, created by our Heavenly Father lost their lives and it is our responsibility to remember. On this solemn day, pay your respect to those We lost and pray fervently for the future of the United States of America.

Jesus says, " if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14


No comments:

Post a Comment