Monday, March 23, 2015

My Spiritual Birthday

When I was five years old, I asked Jesus to come into my heart. My Mom and I had the conversation where I made my decision over hot doughnuts at Krispy Kreme and I have never been so sure of anything in my entire life. I am so thankful that my Mom trusted my heart at such an early age, because that childlike faith that captured me so many years ago has sustained me, driven my choices, and given me direction, hope, and purpose. 

Every year, on March 22nd, my Mom goes above and beyond to celebrate the new life that Jesus gave me. Yesterday was my 17th Spiritual Birthday, and we celebrated, indeed. 

It was a beautiful day and Mom and I cooked together while Grayson grilled tuna steaks, zucchini, and mushrooms. We ate outside and had this beautiful, colorful spread.

What you see here: Grilled tuna steaks, re-baked potatoes topped with fresh spring onions, grilled zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions, Mom's fresh homemade bread, and sweet tea!
Mom also made the adorable little hors d'oeuvres (sliced strawberries with a cream cheese/powdered sugar filling sprinkled with orange zest) that were absolutely amazing. 
 Mom always gets me roses for the amount of years I have been saved and I love these beautiful, pure, white roses. Aren't they just breathtaking?!
 And lastly, but not least, Mom made my all-time FAVORITE cake... strawberry! I could eat this whole cake in one sitting, I'm not even kidding. It's to die for!

I am so thankful to have a Mom who has always put such emphasis on celebrating the decision to follow Christ. The truth is, that is is a big deal, and the day you ask Jesus to come into your heart is a day you should never forget!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment