Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Rock that is Higher than I

In the last several months, I've been faced with more life-changing moments than ever before in my short 21 years of life. When I say "life-changing," I mean holy-cow-I'm-a-"real"-grown-up kind of moments. It's been exciting, scary, slightly intimidating and all at the same time so full of hope and the Lord's goodness that I have been on even more of an emotional roller coaster than usual. Everyone that knows me know that I wear my emotions on my sleeve and you pretty much always know exactly how I'm feeling (which is both a good thing and a bad thing) and with a proposal, excitement of graduating this coming May, travel plans, job offers and wedding planning, I've been one big tangled mess of every emotion in the book.

The Lord has made His presence so evident throughout this time in my life. He has been right beside me, sending me each and every tangible sign I've begged Him for. Whether it be a song on the radio that confirms exactly what I've been praying about, a Sunday sermon that answers the question I've been asking Him, or simply someone mentioning something to me that they had no way of knowing I'd been wrestling with in my heart and all I needed was some encouragement or to be pointed in the right direction, Jesus has been so faithful.

As I go back to school for my final semester at Appalachian - which is crazy - because I swear just yesterday I was a freshman who didn't know anybody and had to pull out a map the entire first week to find my classes, I know that I will be facing even more scary questions, things I don't think I'm ready for and days when I'm so overwhelmed all I want to do is cry. But, my deepest desire, going forward in 2014, is to savor each and every moment and truly feel every emotion that fills my heart. I don't' want to rush, I don't want to get to the point where I don't care and just start throwing everything together. I want each and every detail to be planned with love and make each and every person feel loved, valued and appreciated.

The Lord promises us not to every give us more than we can handle. He promises His faithfulness, His presence, His strength and His love.



No comments:

Post a Comment