Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Detox Juice Cleanse

Ok, so this is supposed to be "coffee date" with Kate... not "disgusting juice" date with Kate. However, today, I am sharing my latest endeavor- Joe Cross' famous Weekend Juice Cleanse.

I have heard a lot about juicing in recent months, but never tried it myself.... until now. Two other girls I work with decided to participate, which I've found to be most helpful, because it provides a support system when I start wanting French fries craving something unhealthy.

For three days, or as long as you would like, you have five juices a day in the order shown below:
To say I was a "little" nervous about doing this is a huge understatement. I am a meat and potatoes girl all the way. I don't really struggle with craving sweets, but when it comes to cheeseburgers, mashed potatoes, pancakes or Chick-fil-a... well, lets just say that's another story. I've never really struggled with my weight until now, and at the age of 22, I realize that only I can take control of it before it gets so out of hand that I can't do it in a healthy way.
 
I hope to continue juicing a few days a week, then eventually a few days a month after my metabolism gets back to where it needs to be.
 
Breakfast Juice: 3 Carrots, 2 Apples, 1" Ginger
My Review: I never realized how much zing ginger has... woah. It's definitely an interesting combination! At first, I thought I wouldn't be able to make myself drink the whole thing, but then after adding a little ice, it became more tolerable and by the end, it didn't taste quite so much like I was drinking perfume. YAY juice!


Final (sad) review: I quit. Yeah, I know, it's pathetic. I didn't even make it through a whole day. When we got to the juices with the beets and sweet potatoes I threw up and decided Chick-fil-a is way better. Oh, well... I guess the skinny life is just not for me.



2 comments:

  1. yay! I LOVE ginger AND juicing! it's just so terribly expensive..Good luck on your cleanse though! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! I'm gonna just have to be tough and stick it out haha
      I am loving following your blog too and hope you are having the time of your life!

      Delete