Friday, September 26, 2014

Stiches of Love: The Happiest Friday Surprise

Today, I was sitting at the front desk of the office where I work, busy, stressed and I had a thousand other things on my mind. Then out of the blue, a sweet little lady named Mary, who I helped a few days ago, came in and handed me a little bag and it turned my whole day around.

I had only met Mary once before. I talked to her about tour books, new roads, maps, and when she mentioned going to a wedding in December, I told her that I, too, am getting married in December.

Well, this sweet little lady, who I'd guess is about 85 years old, had gone home that night after we talked and knitted me a washcloth. It is made from beautifully colored yarn and I promise you I could feel the love she made it with in every stitch.
For those of you that don't know, my grandmother went Home to be with Jesus just two weeks ago, and although no one could ever come close to loving me the way she did, how sweet is it that Jesus sent me this little lady, to love me like a grandma would right when I needed it most?

Mary is exactly the kind of woman I want to be: thoughtful, kind, and intentional. She showed me Christ's love in a tangible way and I will forever hold onto this little washcloth as a reminder of that. My heart is full today. Be encouraged, there's so many good people in this world!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment