Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Heart Like His: Being Intentional

Hi, friends! Grab a cup of coffee with your favorite creamer and let's talk about being intentional. It's been on my mind for a while now and I just want to touch on a few things.

There have been a few people in my life who have taught me about being intentional at different times, always seeming to show up right when I need to be reminded of the importance of it.

Sarah, my Bible Study leader my last year of college, was one person who taught me a lot about being intentional. Watching the way she invested her time, energy and talents into each of the girls in our little group challenged me to be more like that.

Zhanna, another incredibly influential woman in my life, has also taught me a lot about what it really means to be intentional. Working alongside her at AAA has opened my eyes to the art of building relationships, and intentionally making a difference in people's lives.

"Hey, how are you today?"
"I'm fine, thanks. How are you?"
"Good!"

How many times a day do you have this meaningless conversation? Are you really doing fine? Do you genuinely care about how the person you're speaking with is doing?

Lets accept the challenge together to foster relationships and to intentionally make lifelong investments in people's lives.

I think you'll be surprised what blessings come from making this conscious choice every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment