Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm In Italy!!!

I'm in Italy! After over 24 hours of travel time on planes, trains, and buses  I finally made it from Charlotte, NC to Cortona, Toscana... one of the little slivers of paradise in Italy.



This place is AMAZING. There's no way to even begin to describe it. From the food to the architecture to the weather to the scenery to the people.... it's just incredible.

The food is heavenly. So far I've had both cappuccino gelato and mango gelato and loved both. It's so creamy and delicious!
I've also had a gnocci dish with white truffle cream sauce and a pizza with mozzarella, grilled asparagus and a fried egg in the middle! Ah-maze-ing. Like, for real. 




The architecture is exquisite and ornate and all kinds of fancy. Every doorknob, every  archway, every alley way sprinkled with flowers and clothes hanging out to dry is unique and beautiful. They take such pride in their architecture here, and instead of striving for the newest, most modern-looking buildings, the buildings here are old and have such character to them. 


The weather has also been fabulous since we got here. Temperatures are in the 60s and low 70s and there's always a breeze. We have been sleeping with the windows open and I love waking up to the noises of the hustle and bustle of this quaint little village waking up and starting the day!

The scenery is breath taking. I can't believe I'm here. The rolling hills are so green and lush and the sky is beyond blue. It almost feels like I'm walking through a movie set. I keep asking myself, "Is this real? Am I really here?"

And last but not least... the people. The people are by far the best part about Italy. They are PRECIOUS. Everyone in Cortona is so nice and friendly and helpful. I feel totally safe here and we have been welcomed so beautifully by everyone. I had several clumsy half-english/half-italian encounters today and met some remarkable people. These are just a few of the people that I encountered:



I am so thrilled to be here. I never in a million years thought I would be here, experiencing all of this. What a blessing! Now... let the adventure continue! Next stop... Florence!


No comments:

Post a Comment